Friday, October 23, 2009

More spray paint...

Apparently I need to spray paint every item in our house before "the call" comes and our adoption wait is over!! This project has been on my mind for months and it has taken that long to convince my hubby to let me tackle it. I knew I could do it and I knew we would love the end result. We bought our kitchen table & chairs nearly 9 years ago, we fell in love with it and it matched our "grape themed" kitchen perfectly. I still love the style of it and it has held up really well, I was just kind of over the grapes and white paint. After school yesterday I hauled it out to the driveway and started painting. Thankfully, Dave made me use a really good primer which made the job a lot easier to tackle.
It turned out like this and I have fallen in love with it all over again!!

Four cans of 96 cent spray paint and two cans of primer later, I have declared it one of my favorite makeover projects!!!
I am now on the hunt for a bench I can paint black to accommodate our growing family!



4 comments:

Carol McClard said...

OMG!!! You are toooo funny with all the spray paint!!! We should have all bought stock in spray paint!!!

Seriously, the set came out beautiful! And the bathroom is awesome!!!

Carol

Andrea said...

Wow, you are seriously on a roll!! What a difference. Reminds me of the table on Fireproof, if I'm remembering correctly :) It's beautiful!

Jen said...

You guys are so sweet!!!

Wasn't Fireproof a great movie!! Have you seen Facing the Giants and Flywheel??

Andrea said...

Oh yes, we own all three, they're such awesome movies! I love at the end of Fireproof when he kisses his real wife.