Thursday, October 22, 2009

Bargain Bathroom Makeover!!

We were yard-saling a few weeks ago when I came across this find...FREE PAINT! They had gallons of it in lots of different, lovely colors. Dave laughed at me when I went over to look at it and said "please tell me you are not going over there to take someone's old paint." He laughed even harder when I loaded these gallons into the van, 1/2 gallon each of chocolate brown and oyster bay blue. They were just mixed in February 2009! I considered it my blessing for the day and knew exactly what we would paint with them. This was our master bathroom before...perfectly fine and functional just very white...


Here it is now...the front half got the chocolate brown color
We spray painted all the fixtures and light white (96 cents for the can of paint) and Dave got a brilliant idea to frame out the mirror (97 cent rosettes and 68 cents a foot molding). It looks amazing!
I love these glass apothecary jars! I got them for 25 cents each at a yard/estate sale. They were filled with hundreds of teeny-tiny seashells!!
The back half of the bath got the blue color...

Honey, don't you feel silly for laughing at me for taking that free paint now?!?!? ;)








3 comments:

Grandma said...

Words can not describe how "remarkable" you are!

Andrea said...

OH.MY.GOODNESS!!! What a transformation. I love it!! The brown is gorgeous, and the mirror looks amazing against the dark color. The blue really highlights the window. Do you just want to sit in there all the time, now?

Susan said...

Gorgeous! I need you to come flip my house!

~Susan