Friday, March 27, 2009

The New Music/Play Room

I've been thinking for a few months now that the dining room in our house is just a wasted space, we eat in there once or twice a year and other than that the only other person that used it was Em when she practices piano each day. As I was cleaning last Friday I decided it was time to change things! I moved the kitchen set (which was cheap and never really loved) out and sold it on Craigslist within 20 minutes, drug the dining room set (which I still really loved) into the kitchen, and was left with an empty room. Dave came home from work and thought I had lost my mind! We joked later that night that we'll look back and say "remember that day you were going so crazy waiting for the baby that you moved the dining room furniture into the kitchen, sold the kitchen set, and turned the dining room into a music/play room!!"

Here is my finished play/music room! It's much more practical for our family needs right now, the kids can practice their music in there, read, play, and it will be nice to have more space when we have all the baby gear spread around. As usual I was working with a tight budget trying not to spend more than I made selling the old stuff and have done pretty well. I found the rug on clearance at Walmart, bought the storage organizer at AC Moore with a 50% off coupon, and got the most awesome polka dotted chair/ottoman off Craigslist for $ 60 (I love Craigslist!)




It's raining here again... Nathan is bummed that his soccer games for tomorrow were cancelled. They are running around the house playing spies, they crack me up saying things like "the eagle has landed!!"









2 comments:

Andrea said...

rearranging furniture and repurposing rooms and corners is one of my favorite things to do! looks great :)

Kim said...

Very nice! Can't picture the table in the kitchen though! LOL! I love your creativity!