Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Filling the freezer...

I'm spending the afternoon in the kitchen stocking up the freezer with some of our favorite things... I started off with 4 batches of homemade pizza dough (2 white & 2 wheat). We have pizza/movie/game night every Friday and being able to thaw one of these out in the afternoon and just add the sauce & toppings makes life easier!

I got an awesome deal on whole organic chickens at one of our grocery stores last week and decided to cook 4 of them up for various chicken meals...

Now the fun part... I turned them into 10 meals, 2 each of Chicken Enchiladas, Chicken Florentine, Hot Chicken Salad, Cheesy Chicken Spaghetti, & Chicken Divan. I love having meals ready to go like this, it's awesome on a busy or hectic day! The last time I did this in November I remember thinking that they would be perfect for when we get "the call" and are enjoying our new baby. Maybe this time they'll last until then?!?!
Last, but not least...a loaf of banana bread for tonight's dessert...just because the bunch of bananas on the counter was looking a little sad. Now I'm off to use the last bit of chicken for tonight's meal... a Lemon Herb Chicken Ring...




No comments: