Monday, August 31, 2009

Understanding the "wait"

Just speaking from my heart again, for the oh, 7 or 8 of you that read this blog!! The summer months have felt like an even crazier roller coaster ride on this miracle of adoption. Our agency is busy and we have heard about different situations and are still waiting and praying about some of those. I had an "aha" moment during our family devotions a few nights ago that is making me understand why God has put us on this journey. Back in July we got a call from our agency about the possibility of adopting a sibling group... would be willing to take a set of 2 young children close in age? Of course, we said "yes" and tried not to get excited. Emily was very excited because she declared sometime back in the spring (in a very prophetic manner), "Mommy, we have waited so long for our baby that I think God will reward us for being so patient and give us 2!" Our agency told us a little about this young woman's story and her name and we immediately began to pray for her...which is pretty much all we can do when we hear news like this.

Fast forward a few weeks in time...we got news that she had not shown up for a meeting with our birthmother counselor so Dave and I just assumed that the Lord has closed the door on that situation and we just continue to pray for our birthmother, wherever she may be. But for some reason, my kids keep praying for this woman by name! It hit me like a ton of bricks the other day when I heard them do this... here they were praying for a woman who is a complete stranger to them, who obviously needs prayer because she was considering making a choice to give up her babies and what if they are the only people in the world praying for her right now?!? God has called us on this journey to teach us about faith that moves mountains and I am humbled and in awe to see my children developing this relationship with their Father at such a young age! I knew that this journey would totally change Dave and I forever, but I had not idea it would trickle down to my kids like this! Please keep praying for us, pray that God would continue to give us patience and strength during this time.

1 comment:

Andrea said...

thank you for sharing your journey