Friday, May 8, 2009

Thoughts on Mother's Day...

Mother's Day is quickly approaching and I find myself thinking of this little one that I have "mothered" in my heart for nearly a year now. While I am so thankful for the amazing children God has blessed me with and given me the privilege to mother for the past 10 years my heart still aches to be a mommy to this new little one. For me, holidays waiting for this little one have been the hardest, I cried on Christmas, I cried on Easter, I've cried as we have celebrated birthdays, and undoubtedly I will shed some tears on Mother's Day. I think only an adoptive parent that has walked this road can truly understand how it feels to have a part of your family and a piece of your heart not with you on a special day.

I have been reflecting a lot lately on this journey that we have been walking for nearly a year now, while it is so not what I would have chosen for our family (I would have chosen to finish our home study and get "the call" the next week!), I can honestly say that I am thankful for it. It has taught me so much about how our lives truly are not our own, we are God's and His will is accomplished in His time, not a minute sooner or later!! It has also taught me what an absolute miracle adoption truly is! Whether you travel 10 miles across town or 5,000 miles across the world to bring your children home, it will be one the most exciting and emotional roller coasters of your life, but in the end when you hold that sweet baby in your arms it is SO WORTH IT (this is what I have heard, we can't wait to experience it for ourselves)!!! Thanks for letting me share my heart! If you are blessed enough to have your momma with you on Mother's Day, give her an extra hug! She deserves it!!!

1 comment:

Susan said...

Now, you're making me cry! Happy Mother's Day, Jen!

Love you! Susan