Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Weekend Wrapup!!

Hope you enjoyed your long weekend!! I know we did... Here are a few random photos of our weekend...

On Saturday morning we headed to the Farmers Market to stock up on our fruits and veggies...we try to go to the wholesale part where you can split cases with other people. It can be a bit crowded and overwhelming but it's worth it in the long run! We got 1/2 a bushel of apples, 3 bunches asparagus, 6 lbs carrots, 6 ears corn, bunch of bananas, 8 squash, bunch of cilantro, 6 tomatoes, 3 jalapenos, and 1/2 bushel of peaches...all for a whopping $ 17.00!!

Here's Em in her room playing with her babies... she's getting antsy for the real thing... (me too!!)
Nathan building some legos...


The kids and I made 3 batches of homemade salsa with some of our farmers market goodies.
I made them corn on the cob with dinner, I normally refuse to make it since corn doesn't count as a "real" vegetable in my book...but they begged for it at the market so I caved. Em ate 3 ears!! I'm not sure where she put it all in her tiny body!!
Since we had no school on Monday, the kids got to have a sleepover with their Grandma and Paw Paw Sunday night after church! They had a great time!! Dave and I enjoyed some alone time and spent Labor Day "laboring" and cleaning out the garage! Isn't it great to be old and happily married that you don't need a fancy date out somewhere to enjoy time with your hubby?!?!?

1 comment:

Kim said...

Poor (corn) deprived Emily! LOL! Love you guys!