Thursday, September 25, 2008

Waiting...

So, I haven't posted any adoption news lately, simply because there hasn't been any...we are just waiting. Waiting for a baby that needs our home, our family and our love. To be honest the past few weeks have been very hard and a bit of an emotional roller coaster. I have found myself being very impatient, struggling with my flesh and just wishing that we had our baby right now. However it was just the other day during my devotions that God really whacked me on the head and said "Why are you being so selfish, Jen??? This is something I have called you to do, I have already chosen this child that will one day become yours, and you will wait until it is my timing for you to meet him or her, not yours"...

I then realized that God is not the least bit surprised at this wait, but in fact he expected it...and every day that we wait is not without purpose. It's a day spent praying for this baby, praying for its birthmother and the life-changing choice she is going to make. I know that when the day comes when we meet this precious baby face-to-face, then all the waiting will make sense. So for now we wait...and pray...

No comments: