Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Projects...

It's hard to believe that the days have turned into weeks, and the weeks into months since we have been waiting to meet our sweet baby. Every morning when I wake up my very first thought is "Will today be the day that the phone rings and our lives change forever?" The only thing that is keeping me sane in this whole process is knowing that God walked this journey long before we did and knows the exact moment when our child will come into our lives. Please pray for us as we try to wait patiently...

Since I have "nested" my way through all the closets and cabinets here, I have now turned my focus onto home projects!! I'm terrible at remembering to take "before" pictures so you just get to see the "afters"...

Project #1- Re-Paint Emily's dresser...no before picture...just picture solid white and badly scratched and worn... I found leftover paint in the garage from her room and the kids bath so it didn't cost me a penny!

Project # 2- Re-cover the old deck furniture... no before picture but if you have been here, just try to remember the pink & brown flowered awful cushions! This was a huge project and I couldn't have done it without my Mom's help with the sewing machine. She is a sewing queen!

Dave bought me the fabric for Valentine's Day... Aren't we romantic???

Project # 3- I like to decorate our fireplace mantel for the seasons, when I took down the Valentine's Day stuff I knew I wanted to do something spring-like & refreshing (but not Easter bunnies!). I bought these flowers with 50% off coupons at Michael's, and the frames are from the Target Dollar Spot, I painted them white and printed portions of verses from my favorite chapter (Psalm 37) on colored card stock, added a few candles and got something that will last all spring and summer that I really love!


Last, but definitely not least... the last piece of furniture I have wanted for the nursery is a glider rocker & ottoman. I have been looking on Craigslist almost every day for a few months now for one that is nice and inexpensive. I found one over the weekend, exactly what I was looking for with the ottoman for $ 25! However, the cushions were badly faded and torn...I bought $ 3 a yard green & white gingham fabric and the "sewing queen" and I set out to re-cover them! It turned out so nice!! I am thrilled with it!!

Please pray with us that we hear some news soon...




2 comments:

Susan said...

You can come flip my house too while you're waiting, but hopefully, it won't be much longer. Good gravy.

Love you! Susan

Kim said...

Wow Jen, that is awesome! Very creative! Love it!