Friday, June 27, 2008

Fundraiser Idea #2...

Okay, so I think I am going to scratch the cookbook idea..the costs for printing and the fact that we would have to order a minimum quantity of 200 scares me. Plus, I really don't think I want to spend the rest of my summer behind this computer typing out more than 150 recipes!! Our wheels have been turning here and a friend gave me a great idea the other night, she suggested we do some sort of "walk-a-thon" or something like that and ask people to sponsor our family. We came up with the idea of a front porch "rock-a-thon", we could devote an entire Saturday to spending it as a family out on our front porch in our rocking chairs, "rocking for our baby" and ask friends and family to pledge a donation for each hour rocked. The kids were really excited about this idea and I love how involved they would get to be in it. What could be better than spending the day as a family rocking on the front porch, praying for, and thinking about this new life?!?! What do you think????

No comments: