Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Signs of Spring...

We have been outside alot in the past few weeks and I have been noticing all the beautiful changes in our yard signaling the start of spring...one of which is when the azaleas bloom. They have always been one of my favorite flowers, I guess because they are so unconditional....I have little tolerance for high maintenance plants and these bloom faithfully every year with virtually no care.

For some reason we prove to have a very hospitable environment for birds to build their nests...last year they built one right on the wreath on our front door. This year they have chosen 2 of my fern hanging baskets. Here is the first nest...we're still waiting for these little ones to hatch.


The second nest of eggs just hatched the other day...you should hear the momma bird when we sit out on the porch..she squawks and squawks at us until we go inside, making sure we are not hurting her babies.


Things are popping up in the garden like crazy, we have had alot of rain in the past 2 days which we are so thankful for as we have needed it so badly. That's Nathan helping weed in the picture. :)

1 comment:

Andrea said...

Wow, those bird nests on your porch are amazing. I've been looking for signs to show the kids, I know it would be so neat for them. Yeah for seedlings popping up :)