Saturday, December 8, 2007

Tinseltown

The kids had a sleepover at their Grandma and Paw Paw's house last night, which meant a date night for Dave and I. We decided to try something new and go Ice Skating at Tinseltown at the Koka Booth Ampitheatre. Considering it was the first time in my life to ever put on a pair of ice skates, and Dave had tried it once when we he was 8 or 9 years old, we had no idea what we were getting ourselves into...


After a few laps around hanging onto the wall we were actually not doing too bad....still pretty shaky though! We still don't know how people make it look so easy????

Okay, here is something I never thought I would post...a picture of someone famous!! After our Ice Skating Adventure we headed to Barnes & Noble to get coffee and peruse some books, we noticed the store was packed with people and wanted to see why.... Rachel Ray was there signing copies of her new cookbook! While we weren't able to get in line to get a book signed I did manage to get close enough to snap this pic of her...what a night....ice skating and a celebrity sighting!!


4 comments:

Kim said...

Jen, How totally BRAVE! Hat's off to you...I like my feet to go where I put them! Thanks for the warning on the beard...I might have called 911 on Fri. without it (not knowing the stranger at my door)! Hee hee!

Andrea said...

Did you really post this at 5:07 a.m.? That is nothing but ungodly!!

Jen said...

5:07....I wish my dear friend!!! For some reason my posting time is in Pacific Time and I can't figure out how to change it???? It was more like 8:07...feel better now?!?!

Andrea said...

whew ... I was starting to worry about you!! I could just imagine you up before dawn, dressed, make up, house in order, dinner in the crock pot, and hmmm, what else to do before whipping up those homemade cinnamon rolls for the kiddies ... ah,yes, the blog ;)